Day 349: Alcohol Inks Again

Way back when my 365 days was just starting, I played with alcohol inks on tiles. It was something that was way outside of my comfort zone at the time, but I wound up making several sets of coasters using the technique. Then, I put the technique aside. Today, I decided to try applying that technique in a slightly different way.

Alcohol Inks on Scrabble tiles

This time, I decided to see if I could create a similar effect on a smaller scale using tiles from our old Scrabble game. So that I could use the pieces for jewelry if my experiment worked, I first drilled holes through the tiles. I used Citrus green and Sailboat Blue inks to simulate the colors of water, kind of like I did for that larger tile way back when.

Inked Scrabble Tiles

Of course, I couldn’t just do one tile. I actually tried the technique with several tiles (and I have the green and blue fingers to prove it). Obviously, it worked better on some tiles that it did with others. I am hoping that when I apply the sealant that the colors will pop a bit more.

Okay, so this isn’t my best project, but this whole journey is about trying new things and experimenting, which is what I did today.

Advertisements

There are no comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: